There are certain foods that boost the metabolism, and others that inhibit your metabolism. It is important to have strong immunity and metabolism so you can lose weight and fat from your body.
7 Foods That Speeds Up Your Metabolism, According To Science
1. Protein-Rich Foods
* Foods that are rich in protein have really high effect on TEF.
* These foods can increase the metabolic rate by 30%, compared to 10% for carbs, and 3% for fat.
* You will also stay full for longer.
2. Coconut Oil
* Coconut oil has high amount of MCT oils which boost the metabolism.
* These oils go straight into the liver and get converted into energy.
* Coffee can also boost the metabolism by increasing the metabolic rate by 10%.
* Those who consume 3 cups of coffee per day burn additional 100kcal per day.
* Coffee can also boost your workout performance and help your body use more fat for energy.
* Tea can also speed up the metabolism because it contains two compounds that boost the metabolism.
* Green tea and oolong tea are the best when it comes to speeding up the metabolism and can help you burn more calories during the day.
* Cocoa and its extract can stimulate the utilization of fat for energy.
* They can also prevent weight gain because they reduce the absorption of some calories.
6. Legumes and Pulses
* Legumes and pulses such as peas, lentils, beans, peanuts, and chickpeas contain a lot of protein that helps your body to burn more calories.
* They are also full with dietary fibre.
* Legumes are contain the amino acid Arginine that can increase the number of fat and carbs your body burns for energy.
7. Metabolism-Boosting Spices
* Some spices can boost the metabolism.
* If you regularly drink ginger tea you will burn more calories than if you drink only water.
* You will also feel less hungry after you drink this tea.
* Cayenne pepper also increases the amount of fat that your body needs to burn it for energy.
Be social, share!