You have probably at least once taken a pillowcase off a pillow and noticed big yellow drool spots.
Everybody likes to think about themselves that they sleep in one position with their mouth closed, on their back, and pretty as a princess. However, the reality is that we sleep with our mouth wide open, and with drool flowing out of the mouth.
The next time when you notice those yellow stains on your pillow, you should try the following method that will bring your pillows back in life and make them fresh as new!
WHY Clean Your Pillows?
You should wash your pillows once in every three months because the pillows contain a lot of dust mites, old skin cells, moisture, and oil. Even those pillows which have protectors and pillow cases can contain these things.
How To Clean Your Pillow
What You Need:
– Washing machine
– Natural laundry detergent
– 5 drops lavender essential oil
– ½ cup washing soda
1. First, your washing machine should be set on the hottest setting and turned on.
2. Then, you should pour your detergent into the machine in the running water.
3. After that, you should add the lavender essential oil so that the pillows can smell fresh, and also add the washing soda so that the pillows can stay white.
4. Start the cycle and let it complete.
5. You can dry the pillows in your dryer, but on a low heat.
Is It Time To Buy A New Pillow?
If you are not really sure whether you need to buy a new pillow and get rid of the one you currently have, you should read the following trick:
1. First you should fold your pillow in half.
2. Then, you should notice whether the pillow goes back into its normal shape, or stays in place folded.
3. If you answered yes to the first statement you should keep it.
4. If you answered yes to the second statement you should toss it.
Be social, share with your friends and family!