If you are looking for a simple low carb, high fat recipe that is made from real ingredients you should read the following recipe and try it out! The main ingredients are peanut butter and pecans.
Pecans are known to be very high in fat, but low in carbs, which is what we are looking for in this recipe. If pecans are not your preferable choice of nut, you can use a different type of nut.
However, if you are watching your carb intake, you should calculate the carbs from the nut you are going to put in the recipe. Choose a low carb nut, rather than a high carb nut.
Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Pecan Bars
It doesn’t matter in which form you are going to put the pecans in the recipe. You can use pecan halves or pieces, or crushed pecans and you will still get the same final result.
– ½ cup creamy peanut butter (peter pan)
– 2 cups pecans
– ½ cup of extra virgin coconut oil (organic)
– 1 tbsp. sugar free vanilla syrup
– 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
1. You should divide the pecans into 4 different dishes and put ½ cup per dish.
2. Then, mix the coconut oil with the peanut butter.
3. Put the two ingredients in a microwave for half a minute so they can melt and join together.
4. Take the mixture out of the microwave and stir it.
5. Put it back in the microwave again and heat it for half a minute again.
6. Stir the mixture again and do this until you get a soft and creamy texture.
7. Then, you should add the vanilla syrup and the vanilla extract and blend them well.
8. Take the measuring cup and fill one cup with the PB and coconut oil mixture.
9. Pour about ¼ of the cup over the dishes with pecan and stir so that every pecan will be covered.
10. Then, take the four dishes and put them in the fridge.
Note: Since the bars are larger, you should count half a bar as one serving.
In one serving you will find 3 net carbs and 90% healthy fats.